Last Updated on
With most of your friends and family on Facebook, forgetting a birthday should be a thing of the past – assuming they’ve actually added their birthday to their profile. If, like me, visiting Facebook isn’t something you do daily or you’d like a little advanced warning, then adding Facebook friends’ birthdays to Google Calendar may save you from an apologetic pint or bunch of flowers for missed birthdays.
Sadly, Facebook doesn’t make this easy with hidden links and out-of-date help screens. So, we’ve done the hard work for you.
How to add Facebook birthdays to Google Calendar
- Head to your Facebook page and choose ‘Events’ in the left-hand menu.
- On the right-hand side you should see the following box…
- Right click on ‘Birthdays’ and select ‘Copy Link’ (depending on your browser this may be worded slightly differently).
- Now head to Google Calendar.
- In the left-hand menu, about halfway down, is a heading named ‘Other Calendars’. Click on the down arrow next to it and select ‘Add by URL’.
- In the window that appears, paste in the URL that you copied earlier from Facebook. Press the ‘Add Calendar’ button.
Your Facebook birthdays should now appear as a new calendar. Style and rename to taste.