The Apple AirPods, like them or loathe them, are ingenious pieces of technology. However, out-of-the-box, the ability to double tap them to perform various functions seems limited – the default is always to activate Siri. Hidden away in your settings, though, you can switch off Siri on the Apple AirPods and do something more useful instead.
How to find the AirPod Settings
- Make sure your AirPods are connected to your phone
- Head to Settings -> Bluetooth
- You should find your AirPods listed – tap the “information” icon to the right of their name…
- You are now presented with a rather handy settings screen, from which you can change a number of AirPod options…
Changing the Double Tap setting
Half-way down is a section named “Double-tap AirPod”. There are settings for both left and right AirPods, and tapping on either of these will allow you to change it to any of the following:
- Next track
- Previous track
Other AirPod Settings
There are additional settings for the AirPod that can be changed from this screen:
- Name – in case you don’t like the default name assigned to your AirPods
- Automatic Ear Detection – as soon as the AirPods are placed in your ears, your phone will attempt to re-route any audio to them. Switch this off to prevent this from happening automatically
- Microphone – use this to specify which AirPod microphone is used. You can choose between:
- Automatically Switch AirPods (this is the default)
- Always Left AirPod
- Always Right AirPod
Now read this: How can I unlock my Mac with my Apple Watch?
Did we solve your problem?
Click the button below to…