The Amazon Echo is a brilliant present: if someone already has one, they’ll never say no to a second. Or a third. Or a fourth. And if it’s their first one, then there are hours of pleasure from making Alexa say things back to you. Here, we bring you the funniest things to say to Alexa.
Before I get into the full list, you should first master Simon Says. So, say “Alexa, Simon says ‘your statement’” and then it will repeat what you said (as in, whatever you said instead of ‘your statement’).
Hours of fun.
But here, in the order of funniness decided by the internationally respected statistical process of “What my children thought were the funniest”, is the list of funniest things to say to Alexa.
Funniest thing to say to Alexa
- Alexa, sing a song
- Alexa, sing a Christmas carol
- Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya
- Alexa, tea, Earl Grey, hot
- Alexa, self destruct
- Alexa, how much is that doggy in the window (worth repeating)
- Alexa, make me a sandwich
- Alexa, sudo make me a sandwich
- Alexa, beam me up
- Alexa, open the pod bay doors
- Alexa, see you later alligator (keep saying her answers to her)
- Alexa, is the cake a lie
- Alexa, what is the first rule of Fight Club
- Alexa, what is the second rule of Fight Club
- Alexa, execute order 66
- Alexa, may the force be with you
- Alexa, set phasers to kill
- Alexa, hello, it’s me
- Alexa, one fish, two fish
- Alexa, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo
- Alexa, give me an Easter Egg
- Alexa, I want the truth
- Alexa, do you want to build a snowman?
- Alexa, do you really want to hurt me?
- Alexa, do you know Glados?
- Alexa, who shot first?
- Alexa, what is the loneliest number
- Alexa, testing, 1, 2, 3
- Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
- Alexa, inconceivable
- And, to finish: Alexa, cheers
Have we missed some? Let us know in the comments below.
Read next: What are Alexa’s Christmas party tricks?
I found this (bigger) list https://turbofuture.com/consumer-electronics/200-Amusing-Amazon-Echo-Easter-Eggs
Thanks MIke – I actually got rid of about 50 from my original list because they didn’t make me or my kids laugh. Tough crowd, mind you!
When Alexa is working shes the greatest thing ever.
Alexa: bird is the word.