We’ve all heard that the BBC is bringing back a bunch of programmes to keep the UK entertained. It’s just announced exactly what boxsets are coming to BBC iPlayer, and when. Here’s the full list.
First, you can feast on all ten series of “the BBC’s thrilling spy drama series Spooks” (to quote the official release). That lands on iPlayer today.
It’s hard to believe that Spooks first aired in 2002, and what a change in pace it brought. We’ll never forget the chip fryer scene. It also gives you an early sight of stars such as Keeley Hawes, Matthew MacFayden, David Oyelowo, Nicola Walker, Rupert Penry-Jones, Hermione Norris and Richard Armitage.
In a week’s time, you’ll be able to go even further back in time with classic French and Saunders. This includes every series, including the specials.
Next week also sees the return cold case crime drama Waking the Dead.
Then there’s the political spy thriller The Honourable Woman, starring Maggie Gyllenhall, and every episode of Wallander. We wish it was the original Swedish one, but it’s the weird UK version with Kenneth Branagh. Still compulsive viewing, though.
Here’s the full list of boxsets coming to iPlayer and when:
- Spooks – all episodes – 19th March
- Waking the Dead – all episodes – 26th March
- French and Saunders – all episodes – 26th March
- Wallander – all episodes – 30th March
- The Honourable Woman – all episodes – 30th March
- The Missing – all episodes – 31st March
- Baptiste – all episodes – 31st March
- The A-Word – series 1 & 2 – 9th April
In case you missed them, BBC iPlayer has already seen series like Line of Duty, Torchwood, Years and Years and The Cry return to the service recently.