I’ve had an iPhone for years now and, thankfully, haven’t had to use the “Find My” app before. But today, a shiny (for now), new AirTag landed on my doormat. Of course, the first thing I then did was to try it out.
And this is what the app showed me…
I may have to hand in my UK passport for saying this but… I don’t get imperial measurements (except when referring to people’s height, for some bizarre reason). So, I wanted to switch it to metric. It’s not obvious, but I worked it out.
How do I change the units of measurement?
- Head into the Find My app.
- You’ll see a map dominating the top of the screen, with 2 icons in the very top-right…
- Click on the top icon, which is an information symbol.
- This shows Map Settings. Scroll down this list and find the category named “DISTANCE”.
- You should find this is set to either Metric or Imperial – simply swap it to the one that you prefer.
- And you’re done!
It’s not obvious that those precise, short-range directions (which don’t involve a map) are still affected by the map settings, but that’s how Apple has implemented it. And that range finder now? Just right…