You’ve watched something that you’re embarrassed about or you’re being bombarded with recommendations for Dora the Explorer after you let your kids watch on your laptop. Either way, you’d like to delete your Apple TV history.
Before proceeding, it’s worth noting that Apple doesn’t allow you to pick and choose which history you want to delete – it’s all or nothing. Otherwise, how you do it is going to be down to which platform you’re using.
- Open up the Apple TV app on your Apple desktop device.
- Now hit TV and then Preferences up in the menu bar.
- In the menu that appears, make sure you have the “Advanced” tab highlighted.
- Now click on “Clear Play History”.
- Open up the mobile app
- Click on your avatar in the top-right
- This shows your account information and, at the bottom, in red is a “Clear Play History” button. Tap on that.
An Apple TV Device
If you’re trying to delete your history on an actual Apple TV box then the procedure is different.
- Head into Settings.
- Select “Apps”.
- Scroll down to “TV” and select it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and you’ll find options for both “Clear Search History” and “Clear Play History”. Select either of these to clear the relevant history.
Whether on Roku, Fire TV, Android TV or simply your smart TV there are a host of third party platforms that support the Apple TV app. The method may differ but the following seems to be the way to do it for most…
- Open the Apple TV app.
- Along the top menu bar, to the right of the search icon, should be a cog symbol. Click on this.
- Scroll down to the section at the bottom of the resulting menu, named “Privacy”.
- As on Apple TV there are options available to clear both search and play history.
READ NEXT: What does the light on the Apple TV mean?
Did we solve your problem?
Click the button below to…