If there’s one question you’d hope wouldn’t stump Alexa, it’s “what time is it?”. But if your Amazon Echo speaker is giving you the wrong time, there’s normally a simple explanation for it. Here’s how to make sure Alexa gives you the correct time of day!
How to change Alexa time settings
The reason Alexa is giving you the wrong time is normally because something’s gone wrong with its region settings and the poor thing thinks it’s somewhere else in the world.
To make sure you’ve got the correct time zone, do the following:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone
- Choose More in the bottom-right corner, then Settings
- Now click Device settings
- Select the Alexa device that’s giving the wrong time
- Press the cog in the top-right corner of the next screen
- Scroll down to Time Zone and make sure it’s set to the correct one
- While you’re there, check Device location is also accurate, as that can cause time zone confusion
If that doesn’t solve your problem, you will need to get in touch with Amazon’s support department.