Last Updated on
I recently needed to find an iPad app that I knew I’d installed a few years ago but had long since deleted. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, the obvious question is whether there’s a way to find iOS apps that you’ve used, particularly if you purchased them?
As with most rhetorical questions in articles, the answer is “yes”.
How to find the Purchases page
- On your device (iPhone or iPad), head into the App Store
- If you’re using iOS 11 or greater, ensure you’re in the “Today” tab…
- If you’re using iOS 10 or lesser, ensure you’re in the “Updates” tab
- (Not sure which version of iOS you’re using? Read our article covering this topic here.)
- In the top right-hand corner, you should see your profile picture. Tap on it
- You will now see your Account details. Just under your profile picture you should see the option “Purchased”. Select this…
How to use the Purchases page
- If you have a family account set up, you’ll be prompted as to whether you want to see your own purchases or any of those from your family
- You’ll now be presented with a searchable list of all the apps that you’ve “purchased” (whether free or otherwise). From here you can re-download them or head into the app details for further information.
There are also two tabs at the top – “All” (the default) and “Not on this x”, where x is the device you’re currently using. This makes it easy to find any apps not currently installed.
Read this next: How long should an iPhone last?