Paramount Plus has now washed up on the UK shores, becoming the latest studio to provide its own streaming service. If you’ve been watching something that you’d prefer others to not know about (Jude Law’s Alfie is pretty embarrassing), then being able to clear your viewing history is an important feature. So just how do you delete your Paramount Plus history?
Why you can’t delete Paramount Plus history
Unfortunately, the answer here is… you can’t. Whether Paramount doesn’t intend to implement it or is going to do so in due course, we don’t know. But it’s not unusual for these services, when they first start, to lack essential features that come along later.
On the website, if you look at your account page, under the Profiles section, there is something named “See viewing history for kids’ profiles”. That’s viewing it, not deleting it, and even that doesn’t work – it’s just a link for you to contact Paramount’s customer services. They’re soon going to get bored of answering questions of what your children have been watching so, at the very least, I’m pretty confident they’ll be adding this to the site.
There is a workaround, though: create a new profile and use that to watch iffy content. Once done, delete the profile and all evidence will be lost.
How do I create a new profile?
If you’re presented with the Switch Profile screen when you first log in, there is an option to add a new profile, alongside any existing ones:
If you don’t see this, you can set up a new Paramount Plus profile in one of the following ways:
- When logged into your profile, your name should be viewable in the top right-hand corner
- Click on your name and a drop-down menu will appear
- Select Add a profile
- Click the More tab (three horizontal lines) at the bottom-right of the screen
- Your avatar and name should appear at the top
- Click on that and you’ll be taken to the Switch Profile screen where there is an option to Add Profile
Smart TV / streaming App
- When logged in, highlight the side menu (it runs vertically down the left-hand side of the screen)
- At the bottom of the menu is your avatar and name. Highlight that and select it
- This will take you to the Switch Profile screen where there is an option to Add Profile