Jio, an Indian telecommunications provider based in Mumbai, supplies mobile and broadband networks to almost half a billion subscribers. JioFiber is its broadband service, providing speeds of up to 1Gbit/sec.
If you use the router JioFiber provides, the single status light on the device may start flashing red. But what does this mean?
What does the red light mean?
The red flashing light suggests that the router can’t establish an internet connection.
How can I fix the red flashing light?
There are a few basic diagnostic steps that you can take:
- Reboot the router
- Check all the cables in the router are secure and where they should be. Also make sure they’re not damaged – damage to the fibre optic cable is often stated as a reason for this occurring
- Another reason often cited is localised interference. Make sure other electrical items, particularly any motors, are kept away from the modem, router and the connecting cables
- Check the modem that the router is connected to. Are all the normal lights on or is there a warning light? This might indicate a connection issue outside of your control
If you’ve not cured the issue at this point, you have two options:
- Check with friends and/or social media as to whether there is an outage – it may not just be you.
Jio doesn’t report the status of its network, but services such as Down Detector may help.
- Contact Jio. It may be an issue with your connectivity or, if it is wider, they may be able to cast some light on this.