These days when most of think of Black Friday, we inevitably associate it with Amazon. So when is Amazon’s Black Friday sale happening in 2021?
Black Friday starts on November 26th and Amazon plan to have their sale between this date and Cyber Monday on the 29th. However, Amazon have a tradition of running a number of deals on the days preceding this as well, so keep an eye out for that.
Tips on navigating Amazon’s Black Friday sales
- Create a list in advance of things that you want and stick to only buying anything from this, reducing the chance of impulse buys. After all, if you buy something you didn’t intend to, no matter the saving, it’s not a bargain. There are lots of services available that let you create wish lists but, in this case, I’d stick to Amazon’s own offering. That will track the current price, including any savings from when you added the product to the list.
- Use a service such as CamelCamelCamel to track and alert you to price drops – you can tell it to alert you once the price hits a certain threshold, which will help prevent impulse buys even further. However, there can be a delay between a price drop occurring and it informing you, so this may not be so good, for example, for the Lightning Deals. For these, I’d certainly recommend keeping an eye on upcoming Lightning Deals and checking them out once they’re active.
- Equally, check everything before buying. It may be heavily reduced on Amazon, but they’re not the only retailer having a similar sale, so check all the usual suspects too. For example, for electronics, make sure you look at Currys, Argos, John Lewis, etc. Also, use the aforementioned CamelCamelCamel to check out an Amazon product’s price history – it may have gone up in price before Black Friday and that “special price” now may only be similar to what it was before.
- Ensure you have an Amazon Prime account, as that will give you early access to some deals. You can get a free trial just for the duration of the trial but a year’s Prime membership is one of the things that’s often discounted during the event.
- Help ease your conscious when shopping at Amazon by signing up for Amazon Smile, which donates 0.5% of your money to a charity of your choice.
- If you’re hankering over some Apple products, don’t forget that you may get a greater bargain by considering their reconditioned versions, which are pretty indistinguishable from new.
READ NEXT: How do I delete Amazon wish lists?